PLEASE submit your work for this year’s AWP Intro awards:
The Intro Journals Project is a literary competition for the discovery and publication of the best new works by students currently enrolled in AWP member programs. The Writing Dept. will select one story, one essay, and up to three poems by WCSU undergraduate or graduate students as campus winners, who will be nominated for the national-level awards.
• Nominations must be submitted a) to the MFA in Creative and Professional Writing office or Dr. Clements’s mailbox in the Writing Dept. office in hard copy or b) to Dr. Clements (email@example.com) as Word docs or .pdfs no later than noon on Monday, November 2, 2015.
• Translations are acceptable, but it is the translator’s responsibility to secure publication rights.
• Submitted works must be unpublished and may not be under consideration elsewhere for the duration of the contest.
• Excerpts from novels are acceptable but must not exceed twenty-five pages. Nonfiction manuscripts may not exceed twenty-five pages as well.
• Each submission (that is, each individual poem, story, or essay) should have two title pages as follows: the first should include the title, author’s name, permanent address, and phone number; the second should include the title only. Submissions that do not include the required cover pages will not be considered!
• The author’s name must not appear on the manuscript except on the first title page.
• Prose must be double-spaced and typed or printed on a letter-quality printer. Poetry only may be single-spaced.
• WCSU winners will be notified in late November. National winners will receive an award letter, publication in a participating journal, and a $100 honorarium. Winning works will appear in the fall or winter issues of the prestigious literary journals Hayden’s Ferry Review, Mid-American Review, Colorado Review, Puerto del Sol, Quarterly West, Tampa Review, Iron Horse Literary Review, and Artful Dodge.