Submission Deadline EXTENDED: February 20, 2014
All applicants must be currently enrolled as graduate students in order to be eligible.
- Creative prose, fiction, or creative non-fiction should be of a length to be read within a 20-minute period (roughly 10-12 pages)
- Poetry submissions should include 3-5 poems, not to exceed 5 pages
Please submit an abstract, not to exceed 350 words.
Possible Academic Submission Topics:
- the craft and/or practice of writing
- creative writing pedagogy
- creative writing versus composition
- the avant-garde in poetry or fiction
How to Submit
Please submit abstracts and creative submissions, in .doc or .docx format, via email to email@example.com
- A cover letter containing the following information: author’s name, institutional affiliation, contact information (email, phone number, mailing address), and the genre of the proposal, e.g. academic or creative. Creative proposals should also include a short bio.
- An abstract for academic proposals or a creative excerpt for readings. Academic abstracts should not exceed 350 words; creative nonfiction and fiction submissions should include a 2-4 page excerpt; poetry submissions should include 3-5 poems, not to exceed 5 pages. Please include first and last name and page numbers on all material.
All questions concerning the conference should be sent firstname.lastname@example.org Please Note: that upon acceptance, there will be a $20 conference fee, excepting graduate students from Binghamton University.